Monday, April 24, 2017

post psychomatic depression

yesterday i was sitting in library with my books and i saw a message on facebook from a classmate from college. I will not name that friend so we can call him X. X wanted to talk to me urgently so I gave him my contact number. And in few minutes i got the call.

I answered it and found that X wanted 4000 rupees from me. Then with a little bargaining, he sat for 2000. I wanted to know that why he want money from me because its been many years that we have seen each other and in college also we had almost no conversation. Then he informed me that he was suffering from post psychomatic depression and few other diseases.  His father was also getting diagonised from other problems which were technical terms difficult for me to understand. Though I wanted to talk and know more but he was consistently asking for money. So we could not talk much.

After coming back to my seat, the first thought came to me is that people are really going through tough times. I thanked god for keeping me in good shape. Then I thought of helping X.


We have to understand that friends and family can do more than a doctor in cases of mental problems because of emotional attachment. But emotional attachment is not enough and we have to understand that depression is something that is definitely associated with a decline in the spiritual quotient.

So here are ways for helping X in recovering.
Firstly the concerned person must start talking to X for long hours and that can be possible by meeting him or giving time on telephone. Then going out with X and seeing new places will work. Once the relationship is established and there is confidence in relation then X must be asked to start running or jogging. this physical exercise if associated with writing for 3 hours a day can help a lot in mental development. At present stage X may start writing if given monetary rewards.

Once these physical and mental exercises are continued for 10-15 days then X must be accompanied with something with which he can spend time with. that something can be a dog, travelling, girl or anything interesting which should be his preference. With time of nearly 2 months, I am sure a helping hand can save a life, X .

I know friends who want to help other and X have contacted them but they lack initiation. Please friends help X. If not for X then for yourself because the satisfication you will get from supporting X is immense. I am sure that depression is a cycle and X will recover very soon in nearly 3-6 months.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home